Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Elmo Obsession

Ayden has been obsessed with Elmo for a few months now. He loves to play with Hokey Pokey Elmo at my parents house. So much so that we have to hide it sometimes because the song is sooo annoying after awhile. I made the mistake of showing him the movie Elmo in Grouchland and now that is all he wants to watch or do. We have Netflix on demand so are able to not have to mess with putting in a DVD. Ayden will run up to me holding the remote and chomping his teeth together with his mouth open. (That is the sign he made up for Elmo awhile ago, I guess because he has a huge puppet mouth??) When it gets really bad I hide the remote from him. We got him a stuffed Elmo for Valentine's Day so I hope he likes it, even though it doesn't play music or do a dance or anything. I don't think I could put up with that for too long if it did. I would end up taking out the batteries:)




Today it was gorgeous outside, in the 50's which is rare for a mid-February day. After taking 2 hours during Ayden's nap to vacuum, and clean up our very messy car, I got Ayden dressed and put some boots on him to head outside. If you ask him, "Ayden, do you want to go outside?" he gets really excited and will run for his shoes and grab mine and bring them to me. He starts to cry if I'm not fast enough or try to do something else quick before we head out. We took a long walk up the road and back with Bailey and then he walked around the yard and went down to where Daddy works to check out the trucks parked there. He even saw Grandpa out in his tractor and got a ride which made his day. Tractors are his other obsession, even more so than Elmo. After walking around for about an hour and a half and going to visit Daddy a few times at the office we headed in for the day. I sure was tired after the long walk and fresh air, and I hope Ayden sleeps well tonight. It was so nice to get outside. We are really tired of being cooped up in the house because of the cold. Spring please come soon!!

1 comment:

Destri Andorf said...

HAHAHAAHH AHAHAHAHAHAH this is just too funny... I should take pictures of Carissa and her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse obsession too... oo and now Bolt from my computer.. everytime she sees me sitting in front of the computer she will come up to me and said "Bot" BOT (means Bolt). So yeah now if I'm checking my email or in front of the computer, I have to stand up.