Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cael's 2nd Birthday

Cael turned 2 on March 18th so we had a playdate at our house for some friends the week before his birthday on a day when Ayden had a day off from preschool.  I made and decorated train cupcakes for everyone and the kids played with all the toys in the basement.  For Cael's family party, we did what we always do, got the party room at Valentino's and ordered their pizza.  They have the best pizza!

The kids eating their cupcakes.
 
Cael loved the frosting.
 
I forgot how long it took to decorate these from when I made them for Ayden's 3rd birthday almost two years ago!
I went back to visit my parents for a few days before Cael's family birthday party and was going  to take everything to make a Thomas the Train cake for his party and that way my mom could watch the boys while I decorated it.  Well, the night before I was supposed to make it I realized I brought everything with me EXCEPT the Thomas the Train Pan!  It's a retired pan I found on ebay so it's not like I could go out and buy a new one and it was too late to have Joel drive 2 hours to bring it to me so I had to come up with a new cake idea.  I made a green velvet cake since Cael's birthday is the day after St. Patrick's Day and we were celebrating his birthday on St. Patrick's Day this year.  It turned out yummy!
Ready to blow out the candle!
 
Yum!  Frosting!
 
 
Time to open presents!
 
He LOVES this book.  We have to read it ALL the time!
 
 
Love this picture!  We went to Hickory Park on his birthday and he looks totally out of it while they sing to him :)
Mouth full of ice cream!
Goofy boys :)
Cael posing in his birthday shirt I made him.





No comments: