Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yummy....Ketchup?

I was reminded while shopping today how NOT fun it is to go with a toddler. Especially a boy. I am really hoping that little girls like to shop more than my little boy does? That would be something nice to look forward to in the future if we ever have a little girl. I heard more whining today than I have heard in a long time. Let's just say it was a fast trip to Hy-Vee and the mall. Ayden must take after his dad with the shopping gene. Ayden's almost as whiny as his dad is when it comes to shopping:)

It was nice and sunny out today and a balmy 35 degrees so I took Ayden outside to play in the snow. After putting all the snow gear on him he wouldn't leave the house without one of his tractors. While I was in the garage getting out the sled to take him for a ride he took off for the road because he loves to look at the trucks that are parked down the road. After seeing him try to get around last time in his bulky snowpants and coat I didn't think I had to worry that he could move very fast. Boy, was I wrong. I had to drop everything and chase him down, and when he saw me chasing him he ran even faster. I really think he is going to be a track star when he gets older. So we postponed the sled ride for awhile and visited daddy at work. There is lots of room for Ayden to run around and he likes to show off for me, daddy, and Uncle Brett. After playing with his tractors, running around, and playing ball, we finally went for a 3 minute sled ride. He was done after the 3 minutes and ready for something else. It was starting to get dark so we went inside.



I decided to have something quick and easy for supper so I made pigs in a blanket and fries. After loading Ayden's tray with all sorts of choices like toast, hot dog pieces, cheese, crackers, banana, fries and ham he pointed to the ketchup bottle after seeing me squirt some on my plate for my hot dog. He's had ketchup a few times, but seemed indifferent to it, so I squirted some on his tray. He stuck his fingers in it and put them in his mouth. He had the funniest look in his face like it was sour or something, but kept licking the ketchup off his fingers. After finishing what I put on his tray he signed for more and pointed at the bottle. I squirted more and he ate it all again. I was pretty grossed out that that is all he wanted to eat for supper. I knew toddler's went through weird eating phases, and have even witnessed it for myself, but this was one of the weirder/grosser things I have seen for Ayden. I was able to get him to eat some yogurt after all the ketchup. He has never turned down his yogurt, but maybe I should hide the ketchup bottle for awhile...




1 comment:

Destri Andorf said...

O M G hahahahahahaha Carissa is a girl but she still not good either about shopping.. UNLESS i let her play with her mickey mouse.. or have bottle of milk and LOTS of crackers and cheese.

Sounds like you had a great day today, Carissa still have runny nose and coughs :(.