Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

It's a Boy!!

I had my ultrasound on Friday morning and we found out that we are having a boy! We were surprised because we were thinking it was going to be a girl since this pregnancy was so different from the last one. I'm excited to have 2 little boys though. Ayden is such a sweetie and loves to cuddle and give hugs. I hope his little brother is the same way.The little guy wasn't very cooperative though so we have to go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound. He was laying with his back and butt facing out so we got a good view of his spine and of his butt, and the back of his head. The ultrasound tech couldn't get a good look at his heart so lucky for me I get to do it again:)
What she did see looked great though and I'm right at the 20 week mark where I should be. The ultrasound pictures weren't as good as the ones we had in Maryland with Ayden. We had lots of 3D and 4D images. I was kind of disappointed and am thinking about heading to an ultrasound place in Des Moines so we can get a better look.

Afterwards, Joel took me out for lunch and I went shopping for baby clothes! Since Ayden was born in the summer most of his clothes won't work for this little guy so I still got to shop:) I also plan on making a nursing cover, some blankets, and a few fleece blankets sometime soon after I get to the fabric store. I went through Ayden's newborn clothes and picked out what would fit right away and mostly got the nursery put together except for hanging up some pictures. Now the hard part is deciding on a name. Joel doesn't really like any of the ones that I like, and the one that he likes (that I actually mentioned a few months ago) I like, but I'm not in love with it. Maybe it will grow on me. Deciding on Ayden's name was easy because we both loved it a few years before he was born when we were watching season 4 of Sex and the City. Back then we had never heard it before, and now it's pretty common. So the name search continues....

1 comment:

Destri Andorf said...

AWWWWW I'm so excited for you guys!!!! congrats! I can't wait for my turn!! :)

once again congrats again jen, joel & ayden. :)