Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Little Farmer

Ayden was a farmer for Halloween. Joel found him a great farmerish flannel shirt and overalls at Goodwill and I found him some boots he can wear this winter when it's colder. He wouldn't leave on his Pioneer hat so we had him hold onto an ear of corn instead. We took him trick or treating at the Ames mall, over to Joel's parent's house, and then we took him to Uncle Brett's house in Ames. I don't think he really understood what was going on, but I think he had fun. He's never really had any candy except for M & M's and suckers, but he liked the suckers.
A few houses down from Brett there was a haunted house (garage). We went in and took Ayden with us not thinking it would be too scary since there were other young kids in line. A woman was taking us on a tour of a cemetery and then Thriller started to play and Michael Jackson came out of his coffin. There were strobe lights which Ayden didn't like and then some other zombies started coming out of their tombs too. It was pretty neat, but we got out since Ayden was freaking out about the strobe lights.

The other day I was in Ayden's room for a few minutes straightening up after his nap and I walked into the kitchen and Ayden had gotten into the fridge, cleaned out a drawer looking for some yogurt, and was sitting in front of the open door eating a container of yogurt with his hands. It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh.

We found a lump on Bailey's ear and took her to the vet where they told us it was a mast tumor. She went in for a biopsy and they took it off and tested it to see if if was cancerous or not. Her head was wrapped up for almost a week, but it's off now. It turned out to be a slow-growing type 2 which means it could be cancer, but it's slow growing and not aggressive like type 3. If it was type 3 they would recommend taking off most of her ear. For now she gets to keep her ear unless it grows back. Hopefully we don't find any others, but cancer is very common in Bernese Mountain dogs. She's already almost 6 years old, and the average age of a berner is 8 years.

We've been focusing on deciding on a name for our new little boy and I think we have decided on one. Joel had one that he loved, and I really like it, but I think it's too simple. I don't mind it for a nickname though. I started looking at something a little longer that we can use for a full name and use Joel's choice for a nickname. This way we both win. No ideas for a middle name though, yet. We'll call him Baby C for now :) I know so many people that are pregnant right now that we've decided not to change our name even if someone else uses it. They (and we) will just have to deal with it. I don't know anyone with this name though so I think we are safe, but it is pretty close to a few other boy and girl names. I've also had fun shopping for more boy clothes. Ayden was born in a different season so not a whole lot of Ayden's clothes will fit Baby C right away. I feel him moving around more and it's usually when I am trying to go to sleep (of course). I love my little Mr. Happy Feet though. Can't wait to meet him in about 18 weeks! 20 1/2 weeks prego

No comments: