Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

New Hobby... Sewing!

Shortly after I found out I was pregnant I started making some fleece-tie blankets. First I made one for Ayden and then picked out a gender neutral one to make for the baby. Well, there are only so many of those you can make before you get bored. I wanted to do something else crafty since I like doing that sort of stuff. I've tried knitting several times, but it never goes well or looks right. When I was younger I sewed some projects for 4-H and in Home Economics in middle school, but I haven't done anything since then. I decided to try to make a John Deere pillowcase for Ayden's pillow. My mom helped me and gave me a refresher on how to use the sewing machine. It turned out pretty well. Next, after finding out we were going to have a boy I picked out a bunch of flannel in cute patterns so I could make some blankets. I ended up making 6 flannel blankets and other than a few problems I had getting the bobbin to cooperate it was actually fun and relaxing.

Here a few of the blankets I made, and then all 6 of them...
Next up is what I'm really looking forward to making. Nursing covers! The one I used with Ayden has been washed so many times that it has shrunk and is becoming see-through. Instead of spending $35.00 each (plus shipping) for a name brand Hooter Hider, I decided I am going to make a few of my own. I got all the materials and it was so cheap! Only about $8.00 each, and I love the material I picked out. It doesn't look too hard, and hopefully sewing all those blankets will help. After that I plan on making some taggies blankets. I found some cute fleece and lots of cute ribbon on sale a month ago. Hopefully I get everything done before the little guy arrives!

1 comment:

The Nikkels said...

LOVE your goodies.. so what else have you made? keep it up and keep sharing.. love seeing what others are making!!