Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house on Thursday for my parents and my sister and brother-in-law. It was our first time hosting Thanksgiving and making a turkey on our own for other people. We made a turkey for Thanksgiving years ago when we lived in Germany, but that was just for ourselves. I made one in the oven and Joel smoked a turkey. Unfortunately, the smoked turkey did not finish until everyone was done eating. There were lots of leftovers! My parents took Ayden home with them that night because I was scheduled for another ultrasound and my 24 week appointment the next day and we didn't really want to bring Ayden with us. It was our first overnight away from him since we left him for a night when he was 6 months old. My mom said he did really well though and went to sleep without a problem and even slept in!

The ultrasound went well and they were able to see the heart and all the chambers which they couldn't see last time because of his position, and reconfirmed that we are having a boy. We didn't get a good look at his face again because of his position. The tech tried to get him to move, but said he was just too content where he was. Hopefully this means he will be a content baby:) The rest of my appointment was pretty uneventful and I go back on Christmas Eve for my 28 week appointment and the hour long glucose test. Yuck! Not looking forward to that part. I remember feeling so sick last time after drinking that stuff.

After my appointment we drove to Independence and then had Thanksgiving with my family including my brother and his family on Saturday. The kids made turkey cookies which Ayden seemed to enjoy.

It was fun seeing him interact with his cousins. They are a lot older than he is, but he was chasing around Cassidy (who is 7) and following her around and trying to copy her. Once again, there was a lot of food, but it was delicious. We headed home on Sunday and unpacked, did laundry, and relaxed. I can't believe it is December already!

No comments: