Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Midnight Madness

Our Goals in Motion group put together a team of people to run Midnight Madness, which took place in Ames on the evening of July 5th. We all wore the same bright orange Goals in Motion shirt, and other GIM'ers were there to cheer us on as we ran. I was thinking about running the 10k race, but decided to just sign up for the 5k since it was most likely going to be very hot and humid, and it was. Joel ran the 5k, and then ran the 10k. They add your times together for both and that's how you get the 15k times. Of course, he hadn't run at all since running Dam to Dam and did great. I ran probably a total of about four times since running Dam to Dam. It has just been too hot, and I would much rather stick with my kickboxing, it's much more fun and a better workout :) My time wasn't too bad, it was around 32 minutes. Not bad considering how hot and humid it was that evening. I got water at every water station, too. We took a big group picture before the race, and Kim took pictures before and during the race as we ran by.

Before the race they had a kid's run. It was really cute. The kids got capes and ran about a block (maybe a little more) so even some little kids not much older than Cael ran it. I think the boys would really like to do that next year so we will have to sign them up! The capes were a cute touch :) They also had food, drinks, music, and beer after the race. I didn't stick around because I had to go home and let the babysitter go while Joel ran his next race. It was a good time and I will definitely do it next year!

Joel and I before the race.

Big group picture of GIM.

Running...

Almost done!

No comments: