Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Activities

We've had lots of activities to keep everyone busy this summer. Cael was in Kindermusik at the beginning of June, and Ayden has had gymnastics on Mondays, Mini Chefs on Wednesdays, swimming lessons this past month on Monday and Wednesday evenings, and at the beginning of August he has Kindermusik camp for a few hours in the afternoon every day for a week. I'm ready for fall to get here, and for things to start to slow down a little! I don't think they will slow down much though. Ayden will have preschool on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, gymnastics on Thursday mornings, and Cael will have Kindermusik on Wednesday mornings. It's good to keep kids busy, right?

I previously posted some pictures from Kindermusik with Cael. I don't have any recent gymnastics pictures of Ayden because he goes all by himself now, and I have to keep Cael entertained which usually means going to a store and grabbing a few groceries so he won't run around the gym. I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures in this post. I keep my spare Sony camera that is about five years old in the diaper bag for quick pictures. My Canon is much nicer (but bigger), and I forgot to bring it along.

In Ayden's Mini Chefs class I dropped him off at 9:00 am and picked him up at 10:15 am. Each week had a theme and the kids would make something, read a book that had that theme, and sing some songs. I wasn't there so I'm not sure what other things they did. I usually saw just the very end of the class. Some examples of food they made are: hamburger cookies, popcorn balls, chocolate chip cookies, blueberry muffins, trail mix, and english muffin pizzas. Ayden always said he had a lot of fun, and he was always excited about going to class. Last week was the last class, and I think he was pretty disappointed it was over.

We enrolled Ayden in Preschool Level 1 swimming lessons. In the spring he was in the Parent/Child class where Joel took him. It didn't always go that well according to Joel. Ayden hated getting his head wet and would scream if he got water in his eyes. He hated going to them and it was not fun for him or Joel most times. I was not looking forward to the summer swimming lessons, especially since Ayden was on his own with the instructors, and parents just watched this time around. Well, Ayden really surprised us. He is doing amazing! He loves going to his lessons and is disappointed if it's not a swimming lessons night. He doesn't have a problem with getting his head wet, or getting water in his eyes. Is this the same kid as in March?! I really think it's because we have gone to the pool so much this summer. At first he would try to keep his head dry and not get his eyes wet, but as the summer goes on he has gotten more more used to the water and really loves it. He will even stand under the huge bucket that dumps out water on people, where as before if he accidentally got caught under it he would scream. He loves going down the slides and will jump into the pool now without any help. I think it has really helped Cael too. Both boys really love the water. Cael was a little weary at the beginning of the summer, but now he likes to go down the slides and gets mad if I won't let him. He doesn't mind getting his head wet, and loves to stand on the edge and jump in while I catch him. When we first got the season passes for the pool I was wondering if it would be worth the money, but now I think it's been money well spent!


Ayden at his Mini Chefs class. I think they are eating what they made that day.

Singing "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Turn Around."

(Going upstairs).

Swimming lessons.



No comments: