Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You Are 3!! Letter to Ayden...

Dear Ayden,

It's time for me to write my yearly letter to you. Your birthday was a week ago so I am a little late, but you and your brother keep me very busy, so I have a good excuse. You just turned 3 years old! Where did the time go? You became a big brother in March, and such a good one, too! You love your baby brother and you are patient and so nice to him. You give him kisses and hugs before naptime and going to bed at night. I was worried you would be jealous, but you haven't been so far. You help mommy and daddy out with him too. You like to help me give him a bath and you play with him when he is on the floor doing tummy time or playing with his baby gym.

One of your biggest accomplishments this year just happened the week before your birthday. You became potty-trained!! We have been working off and on for the past year, and decided about a week before your birthday to have you wear underwear almost all of the time instead of diapers. Well, something must have finally clicked. You had a few accidents the first few days, but then none, even at naptime and on car trips or to run errands. You wear a diaper overnight now, but that's it. You haven't had an accident in over a week and you now (mostly) tell us when you have to go. I was so worried you would decide you wanted to wear diapers for a long time, but once again you surprised and amazed me and your daddy.

Here is a little about you at 3 years old. You LOVE the show Caillou. It's about the only show you watch and you are obsessed with it. Luckily, Caillou is a nice boy and you love to copy stuff that he says. I think that is partly why you are such a polite boy now :) I even made you a Caillou cake for one of your birthday parties. You love to play outside. You like to push around your lawnmower or ride on your tractors. You also like to push your grocery cart. Sometimes you fill it up with apples from under our apple tree and you push it up the road so that you can feed grandpa and grandma's horse and donkey. I take you and Cael in the jogging stroller often while I go for a run and you are such a good boy in the stroller. You also still love tractors and trains. Whenever we come to a set of train tracks you look for trains and are disappointed if there aren't any. You love playing with your puzzles and reading and looking at books. We always read to you before naptime and bedtime. This year your favorite books have been Mercer Mayer's Little Critter books. We have a lot of them now and you love to read them.

Last year I was worried because you weren't talking as much as other kids your age. You would say some words, but you were still signing a lot. I feel silly for worrying now because you won't stop talking! You talk in sentences and paragraphs now and are always saying new words. We have to be very careful what we say around you because you will repeat it or remember it and repeat it later. You also love to make up songs and sing them or look at books and make up a story about the pictures and tell it our loud. You still enjoy playing with your toy trucks or tractors and your train table. Your favorite foods are yogurt, applesauce, and hot dogs. You eat more foods than you did a year ago, but you are still very picky. Maybe someday you will eat some vegetables?!

Your activities during the past year have been Kindermusik and gymnastics. You really enjoy both of them. In Kindermusik you love playing the big drum, the echo game, and playing with the parachute. You love gymnastics because you get to run around jumping, bouncing, and going through obstacle courses. You love jumping on the trampoline and jumping in the bouncy house with the other kids. You have learned to be patient and wait your turn in gymnastics and I'm amazed by how much your coordination has improved in less than a year. You're really growing from a toddler into a little boy.

You love to sing the ABC's, although sometimes you mix up the letters in parts of the song, and you can count to 10 and recognize many more numbers.

You love to visit your grandparents and explore their farms. We have learned not to tell you until a few hours before we are going to visit them because you get so excited and constantly bug us about going to see them. Grandpa Wendling takes you for rides in the gator and on the other tractors, which you absolutely love. You like to wander around and explore the farm. Even though there have not been any pigs there since you were 14 months old, you tell us it still smells like pigs and that they are sleeping :) You love to play with Aunt Angie and follow her around like a puppy whenever she is around.

You are such a goofy boy sometimes. We discovered a few weeks ago that you put daddy's wedding ring, which has been missing for about a year, in your piggy bank. We were so glad to find it and thought it was funny that you decided to put it there. I love your goofy dances and your random hugs, kisses, and cuddles. You are so observant and are really starting to understand feelings. You always ask "Why?" I love the random funny things that you say. One of your favorite sayings is "All day long." The first time I heard you say it was when we were eating Blizzards from DQ. You said, "I could eat ice cream all day long." Now you use it for other things too.

At times you are so independent. You don't always like to listen to what we tell you and you want to be the boss. Sometimes this ends up with you crossing your arms and pouting with your bottom lip sticking out. You like to help out with chores around the house whether it's dusting, cleaning out the dishwasher, or sweeping. You really enjoy helping me bake, and eating whatever it is we are making.

Ayden, I'm so proud to be your mommy and so proud of the little boy you are becoming. I know you will continue to make me and daddy proud of you as you grow. Not a day goes by that you don't make me laugh, and I'm amazed by some of the things you do and say. There is never a dull moment with you around and I love how you entertain us. I love being able to stay home with you and your baby brother. I'm so glad that I'm not missing out on anything the two of you do, and I love to get lots of cuddles from you both. I'm so lucky to be able to have healthy, happy boys. I love you so much Ayden and I cannot wait to see what life has in store for you. You aren't a baby anymore, but you will always be my first baby. I am so excited to watch you grow up. Just please...not too fast! I love you!!


Love always and forever,

Mommy


3 years old




2 years old



1 year old


No comments: