Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

First Time Bowling

I took Ayden bowling for the first time a few weekends ago. It was a rainy, gloomy Sunday afternoon. Ayden and I don't get to spend a lot of quality alone time together since Cael has been born and I thought it would be fun to introduce him to bowling. There is a really nice place to bowl at in Ames that is fairly new called Perfect Games. I had never been there, but it's really nice and clean. They also have a pizza place there, a good sized arcade, and some inflatables for the kids to jump on. I really liked that you had the option whether you wanted to use bumpers or not. We used the bumpers for Ayden, but not for me. After seeing my score of barely 100, I think I should have used them... Ayden was really excited and I found a lightweight 6 pound ball for him to use. He didn't want to wait for his turn and kept trying to bowl every time his ball was returned. It was fun watching him. He would try to roll the ball down the lane, but not get enough force going behind it so it would roll really slowly down the lane. It didn't seem to bother him too much though. Towards the end he was getting better with his technique and would actually drop the ball so it started rolling a little faster. We just played one game because Ayden wanted to get a snack, and then it was time to head home for dinner. He wanted a piece of pizza, but it wasn't ready yet so we played a few of the arcade games while we waited. Afterwards, when I was buckling Ayden into his car seat he said, "That was fun! Thank you, Mommy!"

Next time we'll have to go as a family:)

(I apologize for the photos. I didn't want to bring my nice Canon Rebel to the bowling alley so I had to settle on taking my little Sony one, which doesn't take high quality pictures like the Canon. Plus, it was a little dark in there.)

He picked a light green ball to use.

Checking out the scores.


Let's try dropping it now...


Intently watching his ball go down the lane.



Rolling it...



Yummy pizza!

No comments: