Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sleepsacks

When I was pregnant with Cael, I re-taught myself how to sew (I hadn't sewn anything since home ec in middle school). I made tons of blankets, nursing covers, taggie blankets, etc. Well, the next thing I wanted to make were some sleepsacks for Cael. The machine I have was one my grandma had and gave to my mom, who never used it, so she gave it to me. It is a Singer machine from the 1940's. It's in great condition and works fine, except it only has one stitch (straight stitch) and no zipper foot, which I need to make a sleepsack. I told Joel that I wanted a new sewing machine for our 8 year anniversary, which was January 4th. I found a great price on a machine that has 60 stitches, 5 different sewing feet, and was everything that I was looking for and more. I ordered it and when I got it I looked at the instruction book. It looked slightly confusing, but luckily I had it up and running in less than 10 minutes, and is much easier to use than my old Singer machine. My first project were two sleepsacks for Cael. It was my first time sewing a zipper, and it actually turned out well. Each one probably cost me about $6.00, much cheaper than the $20.00 Halo ones. I can't wait to sew more stuff. Next project: flannel pajama pants for the boys and Joel. :)

Transportation pattern sleepsack.


Fleece sleepsack.


No comments: