Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine's Day Shirts

I've been looking up how to sew appliques on shirts because I think there are a lot of cute things I could do, especially for holidays and it is so cheap and cute! I went on etsy.com and found a lady selling applique patterns. I bought a necktie pattern for $1.00 and changed it a little by adding a heart at the top instead to make it more Valentine's Dayish. I traced the pattern onto Steam-a-Seam and then stuck it on the fabric and cut it out. I then stuck the fabric with the Steam-a-Seam attached onto the shirt where I wanted it, and then ironed the shirt (almost ruining my kitchen table in the process, but that's another story). Now, the neck-tie will stay on the shirt, but it's much cuter if you now sew around it so that it looks like it's sewn on. I sewed all around the tie with a zig-zag stitch. I think they turned out really well for my first applique project. Next, I'm going to make the boys shirts with their first initial on it, and a St. Patrick's Day shirt for each of them. So many ideas, so little time!


Cael's shirt.

Ayden's shirt.



Ayden modeling.

Cael's modeling attempt.


No comments: