Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

4th of July Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's

We always head up to my parent's for the 4th of July. I grew up in Independence and the town always has a big parade and amazing fireworks. My mom always invites some relatives over after the parade and we grill out and eat way too much food. This year the 4th was on a Monday. I took the boys up on Saturday morning and Joel planned on coming later in the day because he had a 60 mile bike ride/race around where he grew up near Conrad. We had a relaxing weekend, and didn't do too much. My mom was busy making all kinds of food for Monday and feeding us while we were there.

On Saturday night my dad made a bonfire so we could roast marshmallows and have s'mores. Ayden was really excited. We had had some bonfires there the previous summer, but Ayden wouldn't eat s'mores or marshmallows, just the chocolate. We went out after I put Cael to bed. There was no way I was going to let him get anywhere near a fire. Ayden had so much fun roasting marshmallows with Grandpa, and he loved eating s'mores!


Ready to roast marshmallows!




Roasting marshmallows with Grandpa.











Messy face!

We had a leg wrestling contest too! Angie and I always had leg wrestling contests when we were kids. Joel and Angie's husband Jeff had never heard of it before (Indian leg wrestling). Angie and I demonstrated, but she always beats me so she and Joel faced off. She beat him too. She has really long legs so I think that is why she always wins.

Angie and Joel face off.


Joel needed some help winning so he thought it would help if he put his foot in Angie's face.


It was a fun weekend!

No comments: