Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Preparations for Ayden's Pirate Themed Birthday Party

Ayden has been on a pirate kick for a few months so we decided to have a pirate themed birthday party for him. Joel made really neat pirate treasure map invites for his friends and we put them in a glass bottle with sand and shells. I forgot to take a picture of it, so I will have to add that picture later. I also made pirate cake pops for the kids to take home after the party, I made Ayden his own mini pirate cake, and made pirate cupcakes for everyone else. It was a lot of work, but I love baking and decorating. I also made marshmallow fondant from scratch, and taught myself how to decorate with fondant since I have never really used it. Luckily, it wasn't too hard. I would really like to take some cake decorating classes someday soon. I had a lot of fun making everything and Ayden was pretty impressed! :)


Pirate cake pops!

If anyone knows of a good edible ink pen/marker that actually works, please let me know! This is the second different brand I have tried, and it stopped working after doing five faces. I had to resort to dipping the end of the pen in black food coloring which never really dried and ended up smearing a lot.

Ayden's 6 inch mini cake. The red bandana is made with the marshmallow fondant.

Pirate cupcakes from scratch! Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting courtesy of Martha Stewart's recipe. The red bandanas are also made with the marshmallow fondant.

No comments: