Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

4th of July

The Independence parade started at 9 am on the 4th. My parents got there early to save everyone seats. The parade was filled with lots of tractors, fire trucks, cars, and floats. Ayden sat by the curb on a blanket so that he was in a good spot to run and pick up candy. Cael played musical laps for some of the time, and did not want to sit still, but if I put him down he would definitely head for the road or run off down the sidewalk. He's just on the go all the time. I'm looking forward to the days when he will at least understand to stay near us and not wander or run off. A few years ago they stopped allowing sirens during the parade. It has been nice to not jump every time a siren blares. The only loud part of the parade is at the beginning when they shoot off a cannon. The parade ended around 10:30.

My aunt and uncle, my cousin and her two kids, my brother and his family, and my sister and her husband all came to the parade too. We all headed back to my parents house for lunch after the parade. We had lots of snacks and hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch. Ayden loved playing with my cousin Kathy's son, Wyatt. He is a few months older than Ayden. She also has an adorable little girl, who is two, named Avery. The kids loved playing with the kiddie Gator, and then my dad took them for rides in the big Gator.

We decided to head back to Ames after the boys took naps. Last year we took Ayden to the Independence fireworks, which they set off over the river, and they were amazing. This year, Joel had to work on Tuesday so we decided to go back and watch the Ames fireworks with Ayden. I was hoping we would be able to see them from our house, but no luck. I ended up driving Ayden to the stadium parking lot and watching them from their. They weren't as impressive as the Independence ones, and they were much shorter. Ayden seemed to like them alright, but I don't think he remembered how neat they were last year, and I was disappointed. I think we will definitely stay and watch the Independence ones next year. They are much better than the Ames fireworks.

Ayden's favorites are the tractors.

Waiting for candy.





They tossed out beaded necklaces at some point. Cael is watching on Angie's lap.

The boys in their 4th of July name shirts I made them.

My cousin's son Wyatt, my nieces Cassidy and Courtney, and Ayden.

We found Cael and got him in the picture too before he was off again.

The sun was too bright for the boys.

Ayden and Wyatt driving the gator. Wyatt is my cousin's son and is a few months older than Ayden. They had a lot of fun playing together.

Ayden and Avery in the gator. Avery is Wyatt's 2 year old sister. I love that they all have blond hair and blue eyes. So cute!

No comments: